Have you ever tried making pop tarts in your air fryer? It’s surprisingly easy! This super simple recipe for strawberry pop tarts in your air fryer is a fun and easy idea for breakfast or snacks!
When it comes to life in our RV, we just about always bring our air fryer along for the ride. This is because the air fryer is so versatile and easy to use. You can cook everything from main courses to sides and desserts in an air fryer.
Check out some of the other air fryer recipes we have posted:
- How to Make S’mores in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Treats
- Easy Air Fryer Cornish Hen Recipe
- Easy Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Homemade Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Another nice benefit to using an air fryer in your camper is that the fryer won’t heat up the surrounding area the way an oven does. While the air fryer gives off a little heat while cooking, it’s nothing like the heat that radiates from an oven.
How to Make Pop Tarts in Your Air Fryer
Check out how easy it is to make these tasty pop tarts in your air fryer! This is a fun one!
Homemade Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- air fryer
- basting brush
- 1 package pre-made pie crust
- strawberry jelly
- vanilla frosting
- 1 egg
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out 3 inch rectangles. (I was able to get 5 rectangles out of each piece of crust dough.)
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of jelly in the center of half of the rectangles.
- Place a rectangle on top of each jelly-topped rectangle and press the edges together with a fork.
- Use a basting brush to each wash each rectangle.
- Place in air fryer and cook for 5-8 minutes at 375 F. Note: these cook up really fast, so after about 5 minutes, check out them each minute to make sure they don't burn. They are finished cooking when the pie crust has started to brown.
- Remove from air fryer and top with a layer of frosting and sprinkles.
- Enjoy and be mindful that the jelly filling will be hot!
Such a simple recipe and I love how versatile it is. You can easily change the flavors simply by swapping out the strawberry jelly for the flavor of your choice. The same goes for the frosting and sprinkles – if there’s a flavor you prefer, use that intsead.
If you decide to give these pop tarts a try, let us know how they turned out!
We love how easy they are to make and it’s a fun recipe that the kids can help with if they want.