Why would you want to make this easy s’mores craft? Why WOULDN’T you want to make them? THEY ARE SO STINKIN’ CUTE! Pick up some foam dice at Dollar Tree and follow our tutorial below to make these amazing looking s’mores for some sweet DIY decorations.
Camping Crafts for Kids
You have probably figured it out by now, but we LOVE CAMPING CRAFTS! I have always had a flair for creativity (I’m guessing this is a huge reason why I went into content creating in the first place). I love the satisfaction that I get from completing a craft and loving the end result.
I don’t think I have a favorite genre of crafts, but I definitely enjoy making cute decorations using supplies from the dollar store. Dollar Tree is my dollar store of choice, and I probably have about 5 of them within a 15 minute drive.
Have you ever wandered the aisles of Dollar Tree? Not only will you find big sections of the store dedicated to arts and crafting, but there are so many non-craft items that work great for creative projects.
Foam Dice Craft
For this camping craft in particular, I picked up a pair of oversized foam dice at Dollar Tree. We have owned several pairs of these dice over the years. The kids love using them for various board games, card games, etc. If you have held one of these dice in your hands, you know how similar they are in size to jumbo marshmallows!
Follow the tutorial below to make your own smores craft!
S’mores Craft Supplies
Gather up the following supplies to make these foam dice s’mores:
- Foam Dice (just one per craft) Find these at Dollar Tree (they sell colorful versions that you can paint white OR you can look for these white foam dice and skip the painting). You can also pick up the dice on amazon.
- Acrylic Craft Paint (white and pink)
- Googly Eyes
- Brown Marker
- Brown Felt Sheet
- Paint brush
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Pencil with a New Eraser
- Permanent Marker, Black
- Templates for FOAM DICE S’MORES
How to Make Foam Dice S’mores
Alright, let’s get crafting!
Follow the instructions below to make your very own foam dice s’mores.
1. Gather all supplies. Apply a base coat to the foam dice with white acrylic craft paint. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary. Our dollar store foam dice required two coats of white acrylic paint.
2. With a ruler and marker, measure two squares that are 3” by 3” on a piece of corrugated cardboard box. Cut out both squares with scissors. These will be the graham crackers.
3. Use the brown marker to outline the cardboard graham crackers and draw a line through the center. Make your lines rough and uneven. Draw eight circles on each section of graham cracker, then add small dots with the tip of the pen.
4. Download, print, and cut out our S’MORES PATTERN. Trace the melted chocolate pattern onto brown craft felt with a marker. Cut out with scissors.
5. Attach the brown felt to the top edge of the foam dice marshmallow using a glue gun and glue sticks. Smooth down the corners, so the felt conforms to the curves on the dice.
6. Glue two googly eyes to the front center of the marshmallow, just under the melted chocolate (felt).
7. Create the cheeks by dipping a new pencil eraser into pink acrylic craft paint and stamping on the face.
8. Draw on a smile from cheek to cheek with a permanent black marker.
9. Attach the completed marshmallow to the first graham cracker with a glue gun. To finish, glue the second graham cracker to the top of the marshmallow.
Aren’t they so much fun to look at? These s’mores would be the perfect camping activity to make while camping or at summer camp. You could also make them for the perfect decoration for a tiered tray display on your S’mores Bar!
Be sure to let us know if you give this craft a try! Feel free to tag us on social media if you post a picture of your project. We would love to see it!
Check out the rest of our DIY project ideas while you’re here!