My family has been enjoying this yummy dessert for YEARS! S’mores campfire cones offer the delicious flavor combo of traditional s’mores treat, in a slightly LESS messy format. Let’s dive right in and check out how easy these cones are to make.
Easy Camping Desserts
We are always on the lookout for easy camping and campfire desserts to take on trips. Smores desserts are always a popular choice. We also love making desserts that cook up on the grill or over the campfire or fire pit. Here are a few other camping desserts that we have shared over the years:
- Air Fryer S’mores
- Blackstone Grill S’mores Pizza Recipe
- No Bake S’mores Parfaits
- Air Fryer Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Treats
- Quick and Easy Campfire S’mores Dessert Board
- Homemade Air Fryer S’mores Pop Tarts Recipe
These s’mores campfire cones are most definitely a VERY easy camping dessert to make. You require minimal prep time and can be assembled ahead of time or make them up in the moment. They are very versatile and you can change the flavors by adding different foods.
More Campfire Cone Fillings
Consider any of the following ingredients for your waffle cones. Any melt-able ingredient will work well. You don’t actually have to cook these treats – just merely heat them up. They are a great choice for kids and adults alike. Campfire cones take the traditional s’mores dessert to the next level!
We love starting with marshmallows as the base and then add any combination of these suggestions:
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate fudge
- Strawberry jam
- Caramel chips or caramel syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- Candy bar pieces
- Gummy worms
- Crumbled graham crackers
- Butterscotch chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Peanut butter cups
- Crushed pretzels
- Fresh fruit like bananas or strawberries
Campfire Cone Ingredients
Round up the following ingredients to make the version of s’mores campfire cones that we have pictured here!
- 4 waffle style ice cream cones
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons red and blue M&M’s
- 8 Hershey’s kisses
Let’s get cooking! We have included instructions below for cooking these on the grill OR in the oven! (If you cook them on the grill, you will wrap them in aluminum foil. If you cook them in the oven, they will cook unwrapped on parchment paper on a baking sheet.)
S’mores Campfire Cones
- Aluminum Foil
- grill or oven or campfire
- 4 waffle cones
- 1.5 Cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp red and blue M&Ms
- Divide the marshmallows, Hershey's Kisses and M&Ms evenly into each of the waffle cones.
- If cooking on the grill (or on a grate over the campfire) wrap the cone in aluminum foil.
- If cooking in the oven, place on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Cook on grill for 5 minutes, until the insides start to melt.
- If cooking in the oven, broil for 3 minutes until the insides start to melt.
- Serve warm!
These delicious sweet treats are a great choice. Enjoy them warmed and melted for a fun dessert. The foil wrapped cones will stay warm for a bit after melting them, but they are best when eaten while still hot.
Let us know if you give them a try and how they turned out for you! We would love to hear what flavor combinations you ended up making!