If you are looking for a red, white and blue SWEET treat, you have come to the right place. This patriotic fruit skillet cookie is DEVINE. Dig in to the recipe below and whip up this simple, but impressive, looking dessert!
I am so excited to add this delicious dessert to our 4th of July collection. It is the perfect addition to any BBQ menu and always a huge crowd-pleaser!
Skillet cookies bake up nicely and don’t need a ton of extra care. The added beauty to this recipe is that we used store-bought cookie dough. There is essentially zero prep required to make this dish. Simply bake, frost, top, serve.
Skillet Cookie Ingredients
Gather up the following ingredients to make this dish:
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16oz Sugar Cookie Dough
You will also need a cast iron skillet.
How to Make a Patriotic Fruit Skillet Cookie
Follow the directions below and you will be enjoying your own skillet cookie in no time!
Patriotic Fruit Skillet Cookie
- 1 medium sized cast iron skillet
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- 16 oz sugar cookie dough
- fresh blueberries
- fresh raspberries
- fresh strawberries halved
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough and place it in the cast iron skillet.
- Bake the cookie for 12-14 minutes, until the cookie dough has cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Garnish the top with fresh fruit, arranged in a simple pattern (use our picture for a guide!).
- Slice skillet cookie into pieces and serve!
Here’s a look at how we added the fruit garnish, step-by-step:
I hope you enjoy this yummy dish!
If you give it a try, let us know how it turned out for you! Feel free to tag us if you post a picture of your skillet on social media – we’d love to see it!