For your next party or camping adventure, check out these amazing DIY campfire cupcakes! Check out our easy step-by-step tutorial below to make your own. These sweet treats even feature a miniature marshmallow on a pretzel roasting stick!
I just LOVE these cupcakes! They are cuteness overload and will be the crowning jewel of your next dessert table! Make campfire themed cupcakes for your next outdoors or camping themed party. You could also bake up the cupcakes and take them undecorated on your next camping trip. Decorate the cupcakes after you arrive at your destination!
We made these cupcakes using box cake mix. No frills here – simple and quick.
For the frosting, we recommend using a simple buttercream frosting. We use this buttercream frosting recipe. Portion the frosting into 4 equal parts and use food gel coloring to make the following colors: red, orange, yellow, gray.
Campfire Cupcake Supplies
Cupcakes (baked, unfrosted)
Gray buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a small cut tip
Red, orange, and yellow buttercream frosting in the same piping bag (see below for prep advice) with Wilton 1M Star tip
How to Decorate Campfire Cupcakes
1. Bake cupcakes and let them cool completely. (Can’t or don’t want to bake? Grab cupcakes at the grocery store and scrape off the frosting.)
2. Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap and spread a row of red, orange and yellow frosting next to each other. Roll the plastic wrap up and twist one end closed while leaving the other end open.
3. Place the roll of frosting into a piping bag with a 1M star tip.
4. Pipe “rocks” around the outer edge of each cupcake with the gray frosting.
5. Use the red/yellow/orange frosting bag to pipe “flames” in the center of the cupcake, inside the gray frosting ring.
6. Break a pretzel stick in half and place a mini marshmallow on the broken end and gently lay it on the flames at an angle.
Please let us know if you decide to give these campfire cupcakes a try! Tell us how they turned out for you!
If you like these cute cupcakes, check out these gone fishing cupcakes that we have on the blog!