Classic s’mores treats are a camping classic when it comes to yummy food! The combination of melted marshmallow and chocolate are a delicious flavor combo. Check out this really fun air fryer twist on classic s’mores. Our homemade s’mores pop tarts cook up in just minutes using the air fryer!
If you have been around this blog for any length of time, you know that we have quite a few s’mores themed treats and DIYs on the site. (And if you’re new here – WELCOME – and! I’ll list some of our most popular s’mores themed posts below!)
S’mores are a classic Camping Treat!
Like I said above, it is hard to find a treat that is more iconic to camping than s’mores. Traditionally, s’mores are made by roasting marshmallows on sticks or skewers until they reach melted perfection. The marshmallows are then smooshed (official term) between 2 graham cracker squares and a piece of chocolate bar.
If you don’t have access to a campfire, there are other ways to make s’mores, including in the microwave or in the oven. We LOVE making air fryer s’mores and we have even made s’mores using a DIY s’mores solar oven!
S’mores content we have posted
Check out the other s’mores themed posts we have written over the years:
- S’mores Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Must-Haves for Campsite S’mores Night
- 32 S’mores Recipes That Are Crazy Good
- Mini S’mores Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- S’mores Mason Jar Valentine Gift + Printable Tag
Homemade Pop Tarts are easy to make!
You are probably familiar with the toaster pastries called Pop Tarts. Some Pop Tart fans enjoy their pastries for breakfast, while others each them as snacks or even dessert. My kids LOVE Pop Tarts and seem to enjoy eating them at any hour of the day or evening.
It’s really easy to make up homemade pop tarts, especially when you use pre-made pie crust! Check out this homemade strawberry pop tarts recipe we shared last year!
S’mores Pop Tarts made in the air fryer
Let’s dive right into this fun and easy recipe! These homemade s’mores pop tarts would make a fun treat anytime, while camping or when at home. We used our air fryer to cook these up, and as you might know already, we keep an air fryer in our RV, along with these other small appliances.
Let’s get cooking!
Homemade Air Fryer S'mores Pop Tarts Recipe
- air fryer
- 1 package pre-made pie crust
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate shell syrup
- chocolate candy bars
- graham cracker crumbs
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into 3-inch rectangles. I got 5 rectangles per sheet of dough.
- Place the following on the middle of HALF of the rectangles: marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate bars.
- Place one remaining pastry rectangle on top of each filled pastry rectangle. Press the edges together with a fork.
- Lightly coat each rectangle with cooking spray.
- Place in air fryer and cook for 5-8 minutes at 375 F. (These cook really fast, so keep an eye on them.)
- When the pie crust has cooked and browned slightly, these treats are finished. Remove them from the air fryer and place on cooling rack.
- Cover each rectangle with the chocolate magic shell topping and place mini marshmallows in the chocolate. You will need to work quickly on this step at the magic shell hardens almost instantly!
- Serve and enjoy!
Such a delicious treat!
Make sure you check out our other recipes as well!
If you decide to give these homemade s’mores pop tarts a try, let us know how they turned out for you!