We are always on the lookout for simple, easy RV recipes that we can make on the road. They have to require minimal prep, not take up much space, and cook up pretty quick. Check out these mozzarella sticks that you can make in minutes using string cheese sticks! Pop them in the air fryer for a simple snack or meal.
RV Cooking Can Be Simple and Easy
It doesn’t matter what your RV style is – whether you are a full time RVer or a weekend warrior, chances are probably good that you cook while staying in your RV. We love the budget-friendly travel that our camper offers. Not only can we save money (most of the time) by staying at a campground versus hotel, but being able to cook the majority of our meals also saves so much money. Our cooking style in our camper ranges from simplistic (roasting hot dogs on a skewer over a campfire), to grilling dinner, to cooking up a meal inside. Our camper has a cook top and an oven, but we are actually more likely to use one of the following appliances while away:
These handy appliances travel with us on most of our trips. The air fryer is great for cooking snacks and meals to a perfect crisp on the outside without frying them in oil. We use the slow cooker when we are parked in the same spot for the day and want our meal to slow cook while we are out and about. (For example when we camp at the beach, it’s awesome to put a meal in the slow cooker and let dinner slow cook all day while we enjoy the beach!) Finally, that Instant Pot is incredible for cooking up a savory meal that TASTES like it has cooked for hours. How amazing to drive 10+ hours in a day, only to have a pot roast ready in the time it takes us to unhitch, level, and setup the camper?!
Air Fryer Cooking Works Great in an RV
As you can see above, there are several small appliances on our RV essentials list. The air fryer is a great appliance to travel with in your camper. If you have limited pantry space in your camper, definitely check out our RV pantry hack and see how we turned the storage space under our bed into a easy-to-access pantry.
This recipe is SO easy to make – either for a snack or a meal. Mozzarella sticks are a tasty snack and this “hack” uses string cheese sticks which you will then bread and air fry!
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- air fryer
- baking tray
- wax or parchment paper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 10 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- marinara/pizza sauce optional, for dipping
- Cut each of the mozzarella sticks in half and set aside.
- Crack both of the eggs in a bowl and beat them together.
- Combine the Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Dip a mozzarella stick into the egg mixture, turning it so ensure it is coated completely.
- Next, turn that mozzarella stick in the breadcrumb mixture, coating it completely.
- Place all coated mozzarella sticks on a baking tray lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze for 1/2 hour.
- If you prefer a thicker breaded coating, repeat all of the above steps one more time.
- Remove the sticks from the freezer and place them on your air fryer tray.
- Cook the sticks at 400 F for 8-10 minutes, until the breading is golden and crispy. Some of the cheese might be just starting to bubble out of the breading.
- Optional: served with marinara/pizza sauce.
Such a delicious snack and really very easy to make!