When it comes to camping in California, let’s be honest for a second. You have far too many options due to how large the state is. This can make it incredibly difficult for you to narrow it down to exactly what you’re looking for. So let’s make it easy for you.
The coastal city of Ventura, California is a special camping destination that has so much to offer for tourists and campers alike. For those of you that are planning on staying for a number of days beneath the stars, Channel Islands National Park is an instant favorite by nature lovers and all kinds of different outdoor enthusiasts. Hiking, mountain biking, whale-watching, fishing, kayaking, and scuba diving are just some of the exciting activities that await you. These are some of the fun things to do when camping in, and around Ventura, California.
Typical Ventura Weather
Honestly, the weather in Ventura couldn’t get a whole lot better as far as ideal camping conditions are concerned. It’s beautiful, to say the least. With year-round temperatures that mostly remain anywhere in the 70s, and also with very little rainfall, it’s one of the best camping destinations for those of you thinking about visiting the Golden State. Rarely do temperatures ever fall below 40 degrees, even during the winter. As far as the best times to go camping, you’re looking at anywhere from mid-June to late September.
Popular Campgrounds in and Near Ventura, CA
- Santa Cruz Del Norte Backcountry ( Channel Islands National Park)
- Faria Beach Park (Ventura)
- Rincon Park Campground (Ventura)
- Steckel Park (Ventura)
- Los Prietos Campground (Santa Barbara)
- Emma Wood State Beach (Ventura)
- Rancho Oso RV & Camping Resort (Santa Barbara)
- Ventura Ranch KOA (Ventura)
- McGrath State Beach (Ventura)
- Casitas Trailer Rentals (Ventura)
Popular Restaurants in and Near Ventura, CA
- Finney’s Crafthouse (Ventura)
- Star Crab (Ventura)
- Cafe Nouveau (Ventura)
- Pete’s Breakfast House Restaurant (Ventura)
- Spasso Cucina Italiano (Ventura)
- Ventura Sandwich Company (Ventura)
- Spencer Makenzie’s Fish Company (Ventura)
- Barrel 33 (Ventura)
- Frontside Cafe (Ventura)
- Caribbean Haven (Ventura)
Popular Attractions in and Near Ventura, CA
- Ventura Pier (Ventura)
- Calboat Diving (Ventura)
- Ventura Beach (Ventura)
- Olivas Adobe (Ventura)
- Arroyo Verde Park Trail (Ventura)
- Mission San Buenaventura (Ventura)
- Emma Wood State Beach (Ventura)
- Ventura Botanical Gardens (Ventura)
- Marina Park (Ventura)
- Lake Casitas Recreation Area (Ventura)
With the Topatopa mountain range at its back and the beautiful blue waters of the Pacific Ocean in front, the city of Ventura has all the makings of the perfect destination for your next camping trip. Not only will you find epic scenery, but there’s also a lot to do with the countless activities and places that you will want to visit while you are there.
If you’ve already been camping somewhere around Ventura before, where did you stay, and how was your experience? Please feel free to leave a comment down below and tell us about it!
Other Camping Guides to Checkout!
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Lancaster, PA
- Printing Camping Journal and Campground Log
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Gatlinburg, TN
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Wisconson Dells Camping Guide
- Savannah, GA Camping Guide
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Tampa, FL
- Mesa, Arizona Camping Guide