Use our convenient Tampa, Florida camping guide to decide where to stay, what to eat, and what types of fun things you’ll do during your visit!
The city of Tampa is known for its warm weather, rich culture, and many attractions that keep both residents and tourists entertained year round. It is home to more than 350,000 people who live there. While it’s a great place to visit as an adult, there are also many kid-friendly attractions and things to do for families looking to make great memories while exploring the area. If you want to experience what Tampa has available, make sure to use our convenient camping guide. The guide will provide you with insight into places to visit for fun, food, and relaxation.
Typical Tampa, Florida Weather
The weather in Tampa, Florida, is relatively warm throughout the year. If you’re looking for the perfect place to visit to escape the cold weather, Tampa is an excellent choice. The ideal months to visit are anywhere between December and June, but you can visit this beautiful area anytime throughout the year to have an amazing experience.
The temperature is just right during the winter months of December, January, and February. While it’s mild outside, it’s not too hot and not too cold. The cooler season doesn’t last long, but it typically brings ideal temperatures to the area. It’s common for the temperature outside to be anywhere between 52 degrees F and 74 degrees F during the winter.
Summer months in Tampa are much warmer. Not only is it hot and humid, but it also tends to rain more during the summer. During the month of August, it rains an average of 16 days! However, it only typically rains for about 5 days in May! Make sure to take note of that when booking your stay.
Popular Campgrounds in and near Tampa, Florida
- Tampa RV Park Camp Nebraska (Tampa, FL)
- Bay Bayou RV Resort (Tampa, FL)
- FamCamp MacDill RV Park (Tampa, FL)
- Happy Traveler RV Resort (Hillsborough County, FL)
- Winter Quarters Pasco RV Resort (Lutz, FL)
- Hillsborough River State ParkCampground (Hillsborough County, FL)
- Lazy Days RV Resort (Seffner, FL)
- River Palm RV Resort (Thonotosassa, FL)
- Clearwater Travel Resort (Clearwater, FL)
- Spanish Main MH & MV Resorts (Thonotosassa, FL)
Popular Restaurants in and near Tampa, Florida
- Terra Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse Tampa
- Moon Frog Arepas Food Truck
- Rome + Fig
- Rusty Pelican Tampa
- On Swann
- The Asian Kitchen
- The Capital Grille
Popular Attractions in and near Tampa, Florida
- The Florida Aquarium
- Ballast Point Park
- Tampa Bay History Center
- Glazer Children’s Museum
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Museum of Science & Industry
- MacDill Park on the RiverWalk
- Tampa Firefighters Museum
- Jose Marti Park
- Adventure Island
Other Camping Guides to Checkout!
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Lancaster, PA
- Printing Camping Journal and Campground Log
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Gatlinburg, TN
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Wisconson Dells Camping Guide
- Savannah, GA Camping Guide