Review our Savannah, GA camping guide to get all the latest details on the best places to stop by, eat, and hang out during your visit!
Situated in Georgia and directly across the state line from South Carolina is a historical town known as Savannah. The area is home to more than 145,000 people. Not only is it home to thousands of people, but also a popular tourist destination for those looking to explore an area rich in history with many sights to see. The city is well-known for its beautiful, pristinely maintained parks, old-fashioned landmarks, and interesting attractions that provide a learning experience for all ages. If you are thinking about traveling to the Savannah, use our guide to plan out what you’ll do during your stay.
Typical Savannah, GA Weather
The weather in Savannah changes at different times of the year. The area is known to have some of the hottest, most humid summers with high temperatures reaching an average of 92 degrees F. Although it is hot in the summer, it tends to rain more often during those months. It will rain for roughly 10 days, on average, in the month of August alone. Even if you end up visiting during the rainy season, you don’t need to let a little rain get in your way of having a good time.
The winter months aren’t too cold or harsh. The temperature is mild compared to other cities and states throughout the country. The most popular time of year for tourists to visit Savannah are between the months of March and August.
While rain is common in Savannah, it is pretty rare for Savannah to get snow. You’ll experience more sunshine in Savannah than anything else. The nice weather provides both residents and tourists with ample opportunities to explore the outdoors.
Popular Campgrounds in and near Savannah, GA
- Creekfire RV Resort (Savannah, GA)
- Savannah Oaks RV Resort (Savannah, GA)
- Red Gate Campground (Savannah, GA)
- Biltmore RV Park (Savannah, GA)
- Lotts Island RV Campground (Savannah, GA)
- Sunshine RV Park (Garden City, GA)
- Kings Ferry RV Resort (Richmond Hill, GA)
- Whispering Pines RV Park (Effingham County, GA)
- Rivers End Campground & RV Park (Tybee Island, GA)
- Skidaway Island State Park (Savannah, GA)
Popular Restaurants in and near Savannah, GA
- The Blind Sus (Savannah, GA)
- The Olde Pink House (Savannah, GA)
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room (Savannah, GA)
- Vic’s on the River (Savannah, GA)
- Alligator Soul Restaurant (Savannah, GA)
- Boar’s Head Grill and Tavern (Savannah, GA)
- Green Truck Neighborhood Pub (Savannah, GA)
- Cotton and Rye (Savannah, GA)
- Chive Sea Bar and Lounge (Savannah, GA)
- Zunzi’s (Savannah, GA)
Popular Attractions in and near Savannah, GA
- Forsyth Park (Savannah, GA)
- Savannah Historic District (Savannah, GA)
- SCADstory (Savannah, GA)
- Savannah’s Waterfront (Savannah, GA)
- River Street of Savannah (Savannah, GA)
- Chippewa Square (Savannah, GA)
- Old Town Savannah Trolley Tours (Savannah, GA)
- Telfair Museums (Savannah, GA)
- Savannah History Museum (Savannah, GA)
- Tricentennial Park (Savannah, GA)
- Juliet Gordon Low Birthplace – Founder of the Girl Scouts of America (Savannah, GA)
Have you been to Savannah, GA? What were your favorite places to visit? Drop us a comment and tell us about them!
Other Camping Guides to Checkout!
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Lancaster, PA
- Printable Camping Journal and Campground Log
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Gatlinburg, TN
- Fun Things to Do When Camping in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Wisconson Dells Camping Guide
- Tampa, Florida Camping Guide