Looking for a delicious camping-friendly recipe to try? Look no further than these scrumptious foil pack grilled shrimp tacos! Full of flavor and easy to cook!
I don’t know about you, but we are always looking for new recipes to try when we go away on a camping trip. When we camp, we have any number of methods for cooking – from indoors in our various small appliances to the portable camping grill or, of course, over a campfire!
We try to take all of these cooking options into consideration when we plan our camping menu for an upcoming trip.
Foil Pack Meals are Grill and Campfire Friendly
We started out with some foil pack campfire desserts a few years ago (like these foil pack banana s’mores!) and quickly realized what an easy cooking method this is! Of course a big bonus to cooking in foil is that the clean up is extremely effortless. Just toss the trash and that’s it!
Foil pack meals cook up great over a campfire, and also on a grill. So even on days when a campfire isn’t an option, you can still make and cook foil pack recipes if you have a grill accessible. We used a grill for this recipe.
Grilled Foil Pack Shrimp Tacos
Our entire family loves taco night! This recipe is no exception. Full of flavor and easy to make in bigger quantities if you are feeding a crowd. Give them a try!
Easy Foil Pack Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups red or green cabbage thinly sliced
- 8-10 tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime (1 half cut into wedges, 1 half for juicing)
- Thaw and peel shrimp.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (approx 375 F).
- Lay out a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold it in half. Fold up the foil edges to create a pouch in the middle.
- Place shrimp in the middle and drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and half of the lime juice.
- Sprinkle half of the seasonings on top of the shrimp: cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper.
- Place packets on the heated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, until shrimp are pink and fully cooked through.
- While the shrimp are cooking, slice and shred the cabbage and toss in the second half of the lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the following ingredients: Greek yogurt (or sour cream), hot sauce, and remaining seasoning.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill for 5-10 seconds per side.
- To serve: place a layer of shredded cabbage onto a tortilla. Top with grilled shrimp. Drizzle with yogurt mixture across the top of the shrimp. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedge.
These foil pack grilled shrimp tacos are simply delicious! The ingredients won’t hog up a ton of space in your camper and they can be made quickly and easily at your campsite (or at home on the grill). These are always a hit whenever we serve them.
If you decide to give them a try, let us know how you like them.