These fishing themed cupcakes featuring a pretzel fishing rod with a Goldfish “caught” on the end are adorable! They will not take a lot of cake decorating know-how to create and they will make a great themed dessert for your next party!
How cute are these cupcakes?!
These fishing themed cupcakes would make the perfect dessert for any number of party themes. My first thought was that they would make amazing treats for a camping themed birthday party. Not only are they easy to decorate, but you could even use store-bought cupcakes if you were pressed for time. (Or didn’t feel like baking!) Check out our tutorial below which will walk you through how to decorate these Gone Fishin’ cupcakes!
Fishing Cupcakes Supplies
The supply list for these cupcakes is nice and short! Here is what you will need:
- Cupcakes (homemade or store-bought)
- Blue frosting
- Piping bag
- Mini Goldfish Crackers (These are called “Baby” Goldfish. You will need 2-3 per cupcake)
- White cookie icing
- Mini pretzel sticks
How to Decorate Fishing Themed Cupcakes
Follow these easy steps to create a fishing rod cupcake. Repeat until you have decorated all of the cupcakes! I recommend laying out all of the cupcakes and completing each decorating step on all cupcakes before moving ahead to the next decoration step.
1. Pipe a smooth layer of blue frosting on the top of each cupcake.
2. Lay a pretzel stick diagonally across the cupcake. (If too much of the pretzel is hanging off the cupcake, you can always break a little bit off.)
3. Use the white cookie icing to draw a line (to look like fishing line!) from the end of the stick, down into the water. Place a goldfish cracker at the other end of the white line. Add another fish or two to complete the decoration.
Repeat these steps until all of the cupcakes are decorated! Don’t they look amazing?
These cupcakes are guaranteed to get some smiles and be the highlight of your party dessert table!
If you decided to give them a try, let us know how they turned out for you! Feel free to tag us on social media if you post a picture – we would love to see them!