Looking for the perfect sweet and savory meal that basically cooks itself? Try this delicious slow cooker recipe for Dr Pepper BBQ Pork Chops!
The busier our days get at home, the more often I find myself using our trusty slow cooker to handle dinner. A kitchen staple for decades now, this handy small appliance delivers meals that taste delicious and require little-to-no prep! Our slow cooker just so happens to be on our list of RV must-haves as well. They are perfect to use at the campground! Set them up inside your camper or even outside on the campsite table. Let your dinner cook itself while you enjoy time around the campground with your friends and family!
Check out some of the other camping recipes we have posted:
- Easy Waffle Iron Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- Easy Foil Pack Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- How to Make S’mores in the Air Fryer
- Coca Cola BBQ Ribs | Easy Instant Pot Recipe
- 20 Easy Campground Potluck Recipes
Slow Cooker Pork Chops
These slow cooker pork chops are scrumptious! They cook in a marinade of Dr. Pepper soda and are smothered in sweet BBQ sauce. This recipe and the use of the slow cooker are a great alternative to cooking outside on the grill.
Let’s get to it!
Dr Pepper Pork Chops Slow Cooker Recipe
- slow cooker
- 1 lb Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 can Dr Pepper soda room temperature
- BBQ Sauce
- Place the pork chops in the slow cooker in a single layer.
- Pour the entire can of soda into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the pork chops and drain the slow cooker. Smother the tops of the chops in BBQ sauce and return them to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes. (Note: if your slow cooker temperatures seem to run on the hotter side, you can always bump the temp to low for this final 30 minutes.)
So easy and like I said, basically zero prep.
What appliances are your favorites to keep in your camper? Here’s a list of our favorites! Let us know if you give this recipe a try and tell us how it turned out for you!