Round up the paint for this easy camping themed craft! With just some paint, paper and your hand, you can create a campfire handprint painting of your own. These paintings are perfect for camp art activities or to use with any school units about camping or the outdoors! Check out the step by step tutorial and supply list below.
Camping Crafts Fun
Camping crafts are a great activity for young and old! You can take arts and craft supplies on your camping trip or enjoy these projects at home. Many of the crafts I share will also work wonderfully for school projects relating to a variety of travel and outdoor topics.
Some of my favorite craft posts:
- Paper Plate Camper Craft
- Popsicle Stick S’mores Craft
- Paper Plate Compass Craft
- Popsicle Stick Tent Craft
Also – check out these variation on the handprint campfire craft! No paint for that one – just construction paper, glue, markers and popsicle sticks!
Campfire Handprint Painting Supplies
Round up these supplies to make this painting:
How to Make Campfire Handprint
1. Cover your index finger with brown acrylic paint.
2. “Stamp” it on the white paper. Repeat with 5 or more strokes with different sizes. These brown stamps will make up the wood at the base of your campfire.
3. Paint the bottom part of your palm with a small amount of magenta acrylic paint.
4. Next, cover your whole palm with orange acrylic paint.
5. After covering your palm with paint, stamp it on the paper, at the top of the wood-like paint.
Allow the painting to lay flat and dry for an hour or two. Once the paint has dried completely, you can hang your picture up!
Have fun with this craft! If you decide to give it a try, please let us know how it turned out. Feel free to tag us on social media if you post a picture – we’d love to see it!