When you arrive at your campground destination, you’re more than likely looking forward to some relaxation around your campsite! We typically pull into our campsite, do a quick camper set-up and then kick back and enjoy the great outdoors. There are several things that you’ll want to pick up before you leave home that will make your campsite a comfortable oasis!
Here are our top picks when it comes to Campsite Must-Haves for Easy Relaxation and Comfort!
1. Chairs – Lounge chairs, chairs in a bag, hammocks – the choice is yours! Pick up your favorite chairs for relaxing around a campfire and keep them in your camper so that they are always on hand and ready.
2. Outdoor Rug – Not only do these waterproof rugs make your campsite look and feel a little more home-y, they keep a lot of dirt from being dragged into your camper!
3. Sun Shade with screened-in walls – These shelters are not only wonderful outdoor escapes from the sun if you find yourself parked on a non-wooded site, but if you get one with the screened-in walls, you’ll have some protection from pesky flies and mosquitoes as well. We like to pull our campsite picnic table inside our sun shade for mostly-bug-free eating!
4. Picnic Table Tablecloth and Clips – You never know when your campsite picnic table will be covered in pine needles or bird poop. Keep a tablecloth on hand – and pick up some metal clips to keep everything in place on windy days/nights.
5. Solar Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker – Stream some tunes with a bluetooth speaker and your phone!
6. LED Camping Lanterns – Always nice to have an extra light or two on hand for trips to the bathhouse or just to assemble your S’mores!
7. Telescoping Marshmallow Roasting Sticks – Telescoping sticks are nice because they fold right up for easy storage in the camper!
8. Pop Up Outdoor Trash Can – These trash cans make it so much easier to collect the trash around your campsite and look so much nicer than a trash bag tied to the tailgate!
9. String Lights for the Camper Awning – Rope lights, awning string lights – there are a lot of fun ways to decorate your campsite if you’re interested in doing so!
10. Campfire Popcorn Popper – No electricity required! Have fun (and a tasty treat) with this campfire popcorn popper.
11. Bug Repelling Candle – Help keep the mosquitoes and other flying insects at bay!
12. Outdoor Kitchen Organizer – We have this model from Camco – it’s very easy to set up and use! You can place a grill or griddle on top and there are two shelves on either side that act like countertops.
What are YOUR campsite must-haves for setting up your home away from home?