Not getting a great night’s sleep in your home away from home? Perhaps due to a very uncomfortable mattress? The great news is that it’s super easy (and not crazy expensive) to upgrade your RV mattress. Check out these options and pick your favorite!
If you have hung out on this site for more than a few minutes, you might have come across a mention of our favorite RV upgrade to date: upgrading our camper mattress. That’s because I have mentioned the upgrade in a number of posts. Our factory-issued mattress was a horrid concoction of plastic mesh and we never got a comfortable night of sleep on it. We picked up a new mattress online and never looked back.
Short Queen Mattress Size is the RV Standard
When it comes to most typical camper beds, the standard size mattress is a Short Queen. This is not a solid rule though, so please make sure that you are certain that your RV mattress is a short queen size.
We have a 28 foot travel trailer and the bedroom has a short queen mattress.
Vacuum-sealed Memory Foam Mattresses
One thing that made the mattress upgrade process seem daunting was the concern that a new mattress might be difficult to fit inside of our camper door. So rather than risk arriving that the camper a new mattress that we couldn’t get inside, we turned to the internet. We started to search for a short queen mattress that would arrive vacuum-sealed and much smaller than its eventual expanded form.
If you have never purchased one of these mattresses, they are pretty awesome. They arrive in compressed form with most of the air having been sucked out of the bag. Only after you cut the bag open does the air rush in and the mattress expands.
Top Picks for RV Short Queen Mattresses
Here are some great options for your camper mattress upgrade!
- (This is the mattress we have!) Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch Mattress, Short Queen
- Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 6 Inch Mattress, Short Queen
- 10″ Graphite Infused Memory Foam Mattress Sleeps Cooler (Camper RV Queen – 60×75)
- Live & Sleep Resort Classic – RV Short Queen Memory Foam Mattress – 10-Inch Bed in a Box – Medium Firm
- 8 inch RV Memory Foam Mattress, Short Queen
- 8 INCH Short Queen (60″ x 75″) New Cooler Sleep Graphite Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Premium Textured 8-Way Stretch Cover
- Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Medium-Firm Feel-RV Queen Mattress, White
- Classic Brands Cool Gel Memory Foam 8-Inch Mattress, Short Queen, White
- Sleep Adventure 10″ Cooling Mattress with Graphite Infused Memory Foam
- 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress in Aloe Vera Cover, Short Queen
- 10″ Liberty Hybrid Graphite Pocket Coil Mattress (60×75 – Short/RV Queen)
- LUCID 5 Inch Memory Foam Low Profile-Cooling Gel Infusion-Hypoallergenic Bamboo Charcoal-Breathable Cover Bed Mattress Conventional, RV Queen
Let us know if you give one of these RV mattresses and try! We would love to hear about your experience!
Make sure you check out this post where I detail our RV mattress upgrade experience!