This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support! Read our disclosure policy here.
BBQ Bacon Chicken Dutch Oven Pizza Recipe
We broke out our CampMaid Dutch Oven last week and set out to cook up some delicious pizza for dinner. The result was this mouth-watering BBQ Bacon Chicken Pizza! We have made this pizza before in the oven and also on our barbecue, but never with a dutch oven.
If you are interested in a CampMaid Dutch Oven, be sure to use coupon code MAMA10 to save 10% off your purchase!
- 1/2 package store-made pizza dough (we got ours from ALDI)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3-4 slices of bacon (cooked and cut into pieces)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked, shredded, smothered in BBQ sauce)
How to make:
1. First we placed 11 charcoal briquettes into the basket and let them heat up until they turned grey.
2. We flipped the CampMaid stand holder upside down and secured the dutch oven lid on top (thus creating a griddle surface).
3. We clipped the charcoal holder with hot coals underneath the griddle and placed the dutch oven upside down over the lid to heat the cooking surface. (This takes about ten minutes.)
4. When the griddle was fully heated, we removed the dutch oven and sprayed the cooktop with non-stick cooking spray. We then spread the dough onto the cooking surface and placed the dutch oven back over top. This cooked for about 3 minutes.
5. Before we added our pizza toppings, we flipped the dough to allow it to cook on both sides.
6. We topped the dough in this order: sauce, cheese, chicken, bacon.
7. The dutch oven went back on and cooked until the dough was fully baked and the cheese and toppings were heated through (about 20-30 minutes).
Check out this video of the entire cooking process!
1 thought on “BBQ Bacon Chicken Dutch Oven Pizza Recipe”