No campfire? No problem! You are not going to believe how easy it is to make s’mores in your air fryer! Check out this simple air fryer s’mores recipe and enjoy this iconic camping treat anytime, any place!
Picture this: a beautiful, warm, rain-free evening. A crackling campfire that sizzles and pops and sends smoke into the starry sky. This scene is truly one of our very favorite ways to spend family time. The icing on the cake? (Or cracker, in this case.) S’MORES for dessert! Dessert time doesn’t get much easier than s’mores. You take roast a marshmallow over the campfire flames, until it turns mushy and hot. Press the melty marshmallow and a piece of chocolate bar between two graham crackers and prepare for a most satisfying treat.
S’mores are delicious and of course it’s really fun to roast your marshmallows over the campfire.
But how is one to enjoy s’mores on a rainy night? Or in the middle of the winter? Or really any time when you can’t or don’t want to deal with a campfire.
We have an air fryer in our RV!
I’m sure you have a list of things you can’t live without in your RV. We sure do. Small appliances like a countertop ice maker and a pressure cooker have been on our list for years. However, in the last year or so, the air fryer has climbed the ranks and now we keep one of those in our camper too!
There are many reasons that we love the air fryer – but convenience and consistent cooking definitely top the list. We enjoy many easy air fryer recipes in our home on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis.
You can make s’mores in an air fryer!
How about that! YES, you can make absolutely PERFECT s’mores in your air fryer!
Air Fryer S'mores Recipe
- air fryer
- 4 graham crackers (each broken in half to make 2 squares, for a total of 8 squares)
- 4 marshmallows
- 8 squares Hershey's chocolate bar broken into individual squares
- Follow our steps carefully. Air fryers use hot, circulating air to cook food. Marshmallows are light and fluffy and if you follow these steps, it will prevent the marshmallows from flying around the basket.
- Place 4 graham cracker squares on air fryer basket.
- Place 2 chocolate bar squares on each cracker.
- Place basket in air fryer and air fry for 1 minute at 390 F. This is just long enough to melt the chocolate. Remove air fryer basket from fryer.
- Top each cracker with a marshmallow. Push the marshmallow down into the melted chocolate a little bit. This will help anchor the marshmallow to the chocolate!
- Place basket back into the air fryer and air fry for 2 minutes at 390 F. (The marshmallows should be puffed up and starting to brown on the tops.)
- Use tongs to remove each cracker carefully from the air fryer basket and put them on a plate. Top each marshmallow with a second graham cracker square!
- Enjoy immediately!
That’s all there is to it!
These air fryer s’mores are best enjoyed immediately after cooking them.
If you give this dessert a try, let us know how they turned out for you!